Billing Information & Procedures
Ways to Pay Your Bill
Here is all the info you need to pay your tuition and stay current with your ODU bills.
If you have questions related to billing and payment methods, please contact the ODU Business Office at (614) 251-4550 or email@example.com.
ODU student billing statements will be made available online for tuition, room/board,
and fees each semester; therefore, students are responsible for logging on to the
online Student Account Suite to view statements.
Subsequent monthly statements are issued for accounts with unpaid balances.
You will receive an email to your ODU email address and a text alert (if you have signed up) each time a new billing statement is available to view.
To pay your bill online:
1. Visit ODU Online and log in with your ODU email and password.
2. Select “Student Accounts - Pay My Bill/ Payment Plan” (under Financial Information).
3. On the home page click the link in the upper right box to setup direct deposit.
4. Or click the statements link tab to select the statement you’d like to view or print from the drop down list.
5. Add an authorized user/register for text alerts user following links identified in bottom right corner of the screen.
The balance due on your statement can be paid in person or online by one of the following methods:
Credit/Debit card payments are accepted for tuition, room/board, and fees with Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express.
A 2.75% service fee will be charged by Nelnet, our third-party vendor who accepts payments on ODU’s behalf.
Information you will need:
1) Name on the card
2) Card account number
3) Expiration date
4) 3-digit security code on the back of card
5) Billing address
6) Email address
Payments made online with checking and savings accounts are accepted without a service fee.
Information you will need:
1) Bank routing number
2) Bank account number
3) Billing address
Students can make payments online and also have the option to set up Authorized Users to make online payments on their behalf.
Cash, Check, and Money Order payments are accepted in person at the Business Office counter in Erskine Hall Room 133.
Employer Reimbursement is a deferred method of payment offered to students whose employer will pay for their courses.
On or before the due date of your tuition, you must furnish the ODU Business Office with both a:
- Signed employer reimbursement agreement with documentation of employers reimbursement policy each semester.
- 1.5% Service Charge added to statement for each agreement.
TUITION PAYMENT PLAN
The Tuition Payment Plan allows payment of tuition and room/board charges to be made in interest-free monthly installments. The earlier students enroll in the program, the more likely the lowest payment option will be available.
Students dropping a course or withdrawing from the University must follow University
policies for registration and withdrawal. The official date of withdrawal is the receipt
date of written notification presented to the Office of the Registrar or the date
the withdrawal was entered in ODU Online.
Tuition charges are equal to the percentage of the term completed by the drop date or withdrawal date. The prorated charge will be equal to the percentage of the term completed up to 60%. For withdrawals after 60% of the term completed, the charges will be 100%.
Financial Aid will be recalculated in accordance with federal guidelines. An updated statement of account will be mailed once all recalculations are complete. Resident students who withdraw during a semester may receive an adjustment to the cost of their meal plan. Refer to the Student Handbook for the refund schedule dates each semester. There will be no refund on room charges.
If your Financial Aid creates a credit balance on your student account, a refund check will be available approximately two weeks after the start of classes. Students not enrolled in eRefund will receive their refund via check.
- Check refunds are mailed to the home address on file with the university.
If you need to make mailing arrangements for the refund, contact the Business Office
Refund Direct Deposit
You may also elect to have your refund direct deposited into a checking or savings account by logging on to your account through the “Pay My Bill” link and selecting the “eRefunds” tab. You will need to enter a valid bank Routing and Account number.
If you do not have the completed form on file, a paper check will be processed.
The form can be completed online.
If NO PAYMENT ARRANGEMENTS are made student schedules may be administratively canceled.
REGISTRATION for the upcoming semester will not be permitted if there is an unpaid balance on the student account or if a payment plan is delinquent.
HOLDS will be placed on transcripts, diplomas and records of any kind for students with unpaid balances.
Our Commitment to You
Collection of Information
Ohio Dominican University will collect and use information obtained from credit card transactions only for legitimate business purposes.
Protecting Credit Card Information
The credit card information provided by you will be stored in a confidential manner. Ohio Dominican University employees may access such information only when there is an appropriate business reason to do so, such as when a refund must be issued or a transaction voided.
We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your information, and our employees are required to follow these privacy standards.
Disclosure of Information
Ohio Dominican University does not disclose any nonpublic information (such as credit card number and expiration dates) to anyone, except as required by law. We disclose information only when it is necessary for the conduct of College, State or Federal government business, or under circumstances where disclosure is required by law.
Information may also be disclosed for audit purposes, to regulatory agencies or for other general administrative services. We do not disclose information about you to other entities who may want to sell their products to you.
All motor vehicles, including motorcycles, parked on campus must be registered with Public Safety and display a valid parking permit at all times.
ODU Parking Permits
- Student Permit
- Faculty/Staff Permits
- Sodexo Permit
New Parking Permit Registration
If you have previously registered for an ODU permit, you do not need to register again. Annual registration is no longer required.
- If you are a returning student that was registered last spring you will automatically have your parking registration renewed and you can come to
the Public Safety Office to pick up your new hangtag upon return to campus. This new
hangtag will be your hangtag for the remainder of your student status at Ohio Dominican
University and you will only need to provide updated information if you change your
vehicle or resident or commuter status.
Please contact the Public Safety Dept. for any further questions (614) 251-4700.
All permits must be registered online.To register your vehicle, you'll need the the following information:
- Your 7-digit ODU ID number.
- Current license plate number (omit spaces).
- Vehicle description- make, model and color.
- Address where you will reside during the academic year.
- You are responsible for your permit.
- Pick up your permit in the Public Safety Office Monday thru Friday from 8:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m. The Public Safety Office is located on the first floor of Erskine Hall (room 100D), in the hallway above Panther Plaza.
- No more than two vehicles may/can be registered at a time. In addition, if you have registered more than one vehicle, it is your responsibility to transfer your permit to the car that is being driven.
- If you need to amend information on your vehicle registration (for example, adding a second vehicle, changing or correcting information), contact Public Safety at firstname.lastname@example.org.