Get Your 1098-T Electronically
Ohio Dominican University offers you the opportunity to receive your 1098-T Tuition Statement Tax Form electronically.
IRS Form 1098-T is a document issued to qualified Ohio Dominican University students and to the IRS the end of January each year. This form is for your records and should serve as a point of reference by federal tax filers to determine eligibility for American Opportunity Credit (formerly Hope Credit) and Lifetime Learning tax credits.
- To receive your 1098-T form electronically, you must give ODU consent through ODU Online (follow steps below).
- If you would rather receive a paper copy of your 1098-T form, simply do nothing and we will send it to you.
- To access previous year 1098-T forms, login to the ECSI site. Note: ODU's school code is 65.
- For additional information about 1098-T forms, visit the IRS site.
- Online delivery provides access to the form 1098-T earlier than the traditional mailing process.
- Online delivery eliminates the chance that the 1098-T will get lost, misdirected or delayed during delivery, or misplaced once the student receives it.
- Signing up for online delivery is easy and secure.
- Students can receive their 1098-T form even while traveling or on away from their home address.
To give consent to receive your 1098-T form electronically, follow the simple instructions to sign up!
- Log on to ODU Online
- Under Financial Resources, click the link titled 1098 Electronic Consent
- Read both options available for receiving 1098-T information.
- Click on the circle to choose which option you prefer and then click submit
If you have any questions, please contact the Business Office at 614-251-4550 or email@example.com .
The IRS states in Publication 970, "An institution may choose to report either payments received (box 1), or amounts billed (box 2), for qualified education expenses." Ohio Dominican University has decided to report the amount billed (box 2).
Most of the confusion surrounding the amounts listed on the 1098-T is the result of
combining the calendar year with the academic year; they are two separate years to
the IRS and the information contained in the 1098-T relates to the calendar year. Ohio
Dominican University cannot offer any tax advice.
For further assistance please contact your tax professional or visit any of the links provided for additional information.
Additional copies of your 1098-T form may be obtained by contacting the ODU Business Office or for prior years 1098T, ECSI.
If you do not have your PIN number you can call ECSI for a new one at (866) 428-1098. The ODU school code is 65 (for 1098-T forms from years prior to 2017).
Additional information can be found on the IRS website.