ODU Parents & Family Resources
Be Part of the Panther Family
Parents and families play a crucial part in the lives of ODU students. Learn how we support your student from orientation to graduation and beyond. And discover opportunities for you to engage in your student’s life and the ODU community. After all, you're a part of our Panther family, too!
Here's how to get your student ready for their first semester.
Here's a snapshot of your student's support network.
Here's what life outside of the classroom can include.
Get Involved & Stay Connected
How can I connect with other ODU parents?
How will I know what’s happening at ODU?
How can you support ODU?
Are you interested in assisting students and parents with their transition to ODU? The admission office would love your help with communications and events! Please let us know how you'd be willing to help.
Have an internship or a job opportunity? Post it!
Are you open to mentoring a student or hosting a job shadowing opportunity? Contact ODU Career Development and let us know how you would like to get involved.
Show your Panther Pride!
Host your event at ODU
Frequently Asked Questions
If you don't see your question, please see the Essential Resources for First-Year Success section below for a list of offices you can contact. Please note that some of these offices may not be able to release personal student information.
- How does my student get started?
- How do I pay my bills?
- How can we get help with costs?
- Where can my student get meals?
- Can my student live on campus?
- Where does my commuter student get a parking pass?
- How does my student get course materials? Learn About Slingshot at ODU
- How does my student add ODU email to a mobile device?
- If my child had an IEP in high school, will accommodations at ODU be the same?
- What important dates do I need to be aware of? Download Important Dates for 2023-24
- Why are there some questions about my student that ODU will not answer? Learn about FERPA.
- What additional information should my student athlete know? Download 2022-2023 New Student Athlete Information for Parents and Athletes
- How can my student access Panther Essentials and use ODU Online?
- What faith and services opportunities does ODU offer?
- How does ODU support cultural diversity?
- Does ODU offer counselling services?
- Does ODU offer health services?
- Will my student be safe at ODU?
- What resources are at the Spangler Learning Center? Visit the ODU Library.
- Who helps my student plan their schedule and set long-term goals?
- Where can my student go for help with course work?
- How does ODU help students find jobs and internships and explore future careers?
- Can my student work on campus?
- What if my student has technology issues?
- Is there a fitness center for students?
- How can my student get involved and make friends?
- How can my student get tickets to sporting events?
- Where can commuters hang out on campus?
- Is there music, theatre, and art at ODU?
- What is there to do in Columbus?
- How do students experience service to the community?
- Can ODU students travel to other countries?
Essential Resources for First-Year Success
Please note that some of these offices may not be able to release personal student information.
Advising and Student Success Office
614-412-5046 | AcademicAdvising@ohiodominican.edu
- Get to know your academic advisor and their contact information.
- Outline your educational plan.
- Clarify your academic and long-term goals.
Academic Resource Center (tutors, workshops, special academic plans)
614-251-4511 | Tutoring@ohiodominican.edu
- Having trouble in class? The ARC can help! Take advantage of peer tutoring, group study sessions, individualized academic coaching, and online resources.
- Learning strategy, subject-specific tutoring, and writing support are available online or in person. Drop in or make an appointment!
Career Development Center
614-251-4733 | CareerCenter@ohiodominican.edu
- Explore your career and major options.
- Polish your resume and interviewing skills.
- Get help finding internships and part- and full-time jobs on Handshake.
614-251-4234 | AccessibilityServices@ohiodominican.edu
- Register with this office to receive necessary learning accommodations.
- We are committed to providing students with disabilities, injuries or chronic conditions equitable access to campus locations and resources.
614-251-4752 | ODULibrary@ohiodominican.edu
- This is the perfect place to study, relax between classes, and connect with students, faculty and staff!
- Learn where to start with your research through online tutorials, and take advantage of research assistance in person, over the phone, on email or via chat.
- We are a proud member of the OhioLINK consortium, which gives students the opportunity to borrow from other Ohio libraries and academic institutions at no cost.
Health & Wellness
Heatlh Services | COPC Care Forward Center
614-259-0910 | StudentAffairs@ohiodominican.edu
- Health Services is open to all students requiring primary care, assessment, evaluation and treatment options.
- The ODU Student Wellness Clinic is open Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Wellness Center (health and counseling services)
614-251-4570 | WellnessCenter@ohiodominican.edu
- Individual counseling and consultation is available to students who are experiencing personal adjustment, social or psychological problems.
- All services are free to students who are enrolled at ODU, whether full or part time.
614-251-4563 | CampusMinistry@ohiodominican.edu
- Attend Mass, Reconciliation, educational programs, community service opportunities, bible studies, interfaith programming, and discussion groups throughout the semester.
- A prayer/meditation space is available in the Bishop James A. Griffin Student Center. Students of all faiths are welcome.
Center for Student Involvement
614-251-7649 or 614-427-3485 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Looking to get involved on campus? This is the place!
- Explore student organizations and service opportunities.
- Check out opportunities for leadership.
Office of Diversity & Social Justice
614-251-4557 | StudentAffairs@ohiodominican.edu
- Participate in campus wide social, cultural, and educational programming that encourages identity exploration.
- Additional support services are available for historically underrepresented students.
614-252-4718 | ResLife@ohiodominican.edu
- Have a question about student housing and floor programs? This office can help!
- Receive help as you adjust to on-campus living.
Office of Public Safety
614-251-4700 | PublicSafety@ohiodominican.edu
- Call Public Safety anytime you need help on campus.
- Get your Student ID and parking permit through this office.
Business Office (bills, food plans, etc.)
614-251-4550 | BusOffice@ohiodominican.edu
- Pay tuition or set up your monthly payment plan through Nelnet by Aug. 6.
- Purchase meal points for your Panther ID card.
- Be sure to sign your Financial Responsibility Agreement before the start of your classes!
614-253-3633 | HelpDesk@ohiodominican.edu
- Having technical difficulties? The Helpdesk handles all customer service questions regarding Wi-Fi, computers, ODU email and printing.
Financial Aid (scholarships, grants, loans, work study, etc.)
614-251-4778 | FinAid@ohiodominican.edu
- We’re happy to help answer questions about your financial aid package.
- Eligible students can learn about available work-study jobs.