Bishop James A. Griffin Student Center
The Griffin Student Center is the focal point for student activities outside the classroom, providing a vibrant community experience central to our mission as a Dominican University. Meet up with friends in the fireplace lounge, hold meetings for your student organization, grab a bite to eat or take advantage of our numerous study areas. The "Griff" creates a community space to serve the physical, cultural, and spiritual needs of ODU students.
Monday - Friday: 7 a.m - 11 p.m.
Saturday & Sunday 8 a.m. - 11 p.m.
Monday - Friday: 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Saturday & Sunday: Closed
Extended hours will be determined and will vary depending on conferences, camps, and and university needs.
The following policies relate to the posting of publicity and other notices in the Griffin Center.
- All publicity to be displayed in the Griffin Center should be approved at the Student Involvement Office.
- Publicity may only be posted on designated bulletin boards.
- Publicity may NOT be posted on glass, walls or doors.
- Publicity found in undesignated areas, or any publicity without Student Involvement Office approval, will be removed.
- Individuals or organizations are responsible for removing all publicity within 24 hours after the event.
- Banners may be hung from the railings ONLY with string or rope. Absolutely no tape or other adhesives which could damage the surface shall be permitted.
Feeling Hungry, Panthers?
Be sure to check out Casa de la Pantera. This Mexican-style grill option features
items such as burritos and burrito bowls, so stop over, customize your order and satisfy
Casa de la Pantera Hours of Operation
- Monday – Thursday (11 a.m. – 7 p.m.)
- Friday (11 a.m. – 3 p.m.)
- Saturday (11 a.m. – 2 p.m.)
- Sunday (Closed)
Students, you can use your meal swipes at Casa de la Pantera Monday – Thursday from
1-5 p.m. and Friday 1-3 p.m. Otherwise, you can use your Panther Points or card.
Crimson Cup Coffee
Crimson Cup Coffee is now available in the Griffin Student Center Café!
Crimson Cup Hours of Operation
- Monday – Thursday (8 a.m. – 7 p.m.)
- Friday (8 a.m. – 3 p.m.)
- Saturday (9 a.m. – 2 p.m.)
- Sunday (Closed)
Reservations for all facilities in the Student Center, and for other buildings around campus, can be made via our Room Reservation System.
- Any registered student organization, as well as university departments, may reserve facilities on campus via the website.
- Non-ODU groups are welcome to visit ODU's Events & Conference Hosting or call (614) 251-4774 for rental fee information.
There are 5 primary meeting rooms in the Student Center
- Conference rooms 258, 259 and 260, which can be combined into one large event facility
- Meeting rooms 274 and 276
- The Performing Arts Center may also be reserved for performance groups
Student groups wishing to have a table on the first floor for information distribution, bake sales, etc. may also reserve those spaces thru the reservation website.
Many student-focused services and departments are located in the Griffin Student Center to make them more accessible to our community.
Find everything you need for your life at ODU - textbooks, course materials, apparel and more!
ODU's campus bookstore, located on the first floor of the Griffin Student Center, is run by Slingshot , a course materials auto-fulfillment service. Think of it as a subscription box for all of your learning materials. Simply enroll in classes and all of your required course materials will be delivered to you before the first day of class!
Who is Bishop James A. Griffin?