ODU's 4+1 Program gives undergraduate students an opportunity to earn both a bachelor’s and master’s degree in just five academic years.
How 4+1 Works
- You can apply to one of our 4+1 Programs during your junior year at ODU.
- During your senior year, you’ll take graduate-level courses that meet both undergraduate elective and graduate program requirements.
- At the end of your fourth year, you’ll receive your bachelor’s degree.
- During your fifth year, you’ll be enrolled in graduate school full time.
- You can choose to complete your fifth-year requirements either on campus or online.
- Our graduate courses are designed with working professionals in mind. At ODU, you can start your career as you pursue your master's degree.
Available 4+1 Programs
Earn your M.A. in English online, around your schedule. Enhance your professional skills, prepare for doctoral work, and earn the qualifications necessary to teach college-level courses, including courses at the high-school level through dual enrollment relationships.
- Program completion of 18 to 24 months
- No GRE required
- 8-week courses
- Start your degree anytime
Ohio Dominican’s MBA program provides a comprehensive business education that stresses ethical leadership and strategic agility.
Available 100% online, on campus or in a combination of the two formats.
The program offers students a learning experience consistent with ODU's tradition of providing intellectual development and growth in truth and ethical perspective while advancing career readiness in the dynamic and competitive business world.
ODU's online Master of Science in Sport Management prepares students for a career in one of the fastest growing industries. Students learn to apply strategies in business, marketing, sociology, law and more to the world of sports.
To accommodate working professionals, courses are offered 100% online.
In order to be admitted into a 4+1 Program, you must be a current ODU student who has:
- Completed at least 90 credit hours before the start of graduate classes.
- Maintained a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA.
- For MBA, completed the following prerequisite courses with a 3.0 in each course: BUS 220, BUS 240, ACT 210, ACT 220, ECN 207, ECN 208, MTH 140 & FIN 325