Risk Management & Insurance
Risk Management & Insurance
Earn your bachelor's degree in Risk Management & Insurance and prepare for a successful career in Ohio’s rapidly expanding insurance industry, which is expected to add 29,000 jobs by 2025.
- Major and minor available in Risk Management & Insurance.
- Certificate, Associate and Bachelor programs also available through ODU's Adult & Continuing Education.
- Certificate is offered entirely online.
- 4+1 MBA opportunity for students with 3.0 GPA or higher.
- Our strong industry partnerships provide students with internships and other professional opportunities.
- Graduates are eligible to waive two of the eight parts of the Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU) exam upon program completion.
- Our coursework is developed and taught by top leaders in the Risk Management and Insurance industry.
Degrees & Courses
Read the degree requirements and course descriptions for the major and minor, plus view a sample 4-year plan.
Outcomes & Careers
Learn how this major prepares you for a career in one of the fastest growing fields in the U.S.
Risk Mgmt. & Insurance Dept.
Get to know ODU faculty members, view current news and events, and more.
The Risk Management & Insurance program is also available through ODU's Adult & Continuing Education Program.
With evening classes offered in hybrid and online formats, you earn your certificate or degree around your schedule.
- Associate of Science in Business with Risk Management & Insurance emphasis
- Certificate in Risk Management & Insurance
- Bachelor of Science in Risk Management & Insurance
We sat down with Erin Hamm '16 to discuss how Ohio Dominican helped her prepare for her career as a senior business analyst at Nationwide.
ODU guarantees an Internship for students who complete at least 60 credits with a 3.0 GPA or higher.
Students in ODU's program are guaranteed job interviews with at least one industry partners before graduation, including:
- Encova Insurance
- Nationwide Insurance
- Century Insurance
- MAPFRE Insurance
Ohio Dominican University's Risk Management & Insurance program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs (ACBSP). The Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs is the leading specialized accreditation association for business education supporting, celebrating and rewarding teaching excellence. Visit acbsp.org.
The following reports show achievement data for ODU's Division of Business students.
- Division of Business Student and Stakeholder Focused Results
- Division of Business - Measurement and Analysis of Student Learning and Performance
- Class of 2022 Student Achievement Career Outcomes
Insurance & Risk Management Academy (IRMA)
Ohio Dominican is proud to partner with Encova Insurance and Secured Advantage to establish the Insurance & Risk Management Academy, which is available to students who are interested in pursuing a career in the insurance industry.
Located on the first floor of the Griffin Student Center, the academy functions as a service center servicing part of Encova’s Book of Business. IRMA is supervised by industry professionals and is staffed by ODU students who are pursuing either a major or minor in Risk Management & Insurance.
Why RMI at ODU?
Grady Campbell, Executive Vice President for Commercial Lines and Life at Encova Insurance