Professional Licensure Information
Requirements for licensure and/or advanced practice certification / endorsement eligibility vary from one profession to another and from state to state.
If you are interested in an ODU program that leads to professional licensure and/or have a license and seek advanced practice certification / endorsement, please check with the appropriate licensing body in the state where you intend to practice to verify that the desired ODU program will meet the eligibility criteria for the credentials you seek.
National sites containing state board directories are provided below.
- Accounting | National Association of State Boards of Accountancy
- Athletic Training | National Athletic Trainers’ Association
- Counselor Education - Clinical Mental Health Counseling | National Board of Certified Counselors
- Education | National Association of State Directors of Teacher Education and Certification
- Engineering | National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying
- Geology | National Association of State Boards of Geology
- Human Donation Science | American Board for Transplant Certification
- Medical Degree | Federation of State Medical Boards: Directory of State Medical and Osteopathic Boards
- Medical–Technology/Laboratory Science | American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP)Board of Certification
- Nursing | National Council of State Boards of Nursing
- Occupational Therapy | National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy
- Pharmacy | National Association of Boards of Pharmacy
- Physician Assistant | NCCPA State Licensing Boards
- Physical Therapy | Federation of State Boards of Physical Therapy
- Psychology | Association of State and Provincial Psychology Boards
- Recreation Therapy | The following states require licensure:Oklahoma;New Hampshire;North Carolina;Utah
- Respiratory Therapy | American Association for Respiratory Care
- School Psychology | National Association of School Psychologists
- Social Work | Association of Social Work Boards
- Speech Language Pathology | American Speech-Language-Hearing Association
Last updated July 10, 2017.
Questions? Contact Us
Executive Assistant to the President & the VPAA
Institutional Research & Accreditation Liaison Officer