This guide will point you to many key resources in theology.
If you need help with your research, .
Search library databases for journal, magazine, and newspaper articles, case studies, editorials, reports, reviews, and other documents. The following databases are recommended for research in theology.
To select the database(s) most suited to your needs, click on to read more information about each database.
Visit for additional databases, or view available through ODU Library. You may also find the following search engines useful:
Are you looking for an article you can't find from the links above?
Select from the following reference works to find in-depth definitions, background information, commentary on scripture, and more:
Online theology reference resources are available at .
- - search for books, ebooks, and other materials in ODU Library and online
- - search for materials statewide from 89 academic libraries
Books and other materials can be found in ODU Library's Reference Stacks, Reference Atlases, and Main Stacks in the following ranges of the Dewey Decimal System: 200s (theology) and 900s (history). A select list of the 200s follows:
- 203 - Religion and ethics
- 220s - Bible, biblical commentaries, bible dictionaries/encyclopedias, concordances
- 220.9s - Biblical archaeology
- 221s - Old Testament
- 225s - New Testament
- 230s - Christian faith, doctrine
- 241s - Christian ethics
- 248s - Christian spirituality
- 261s - Catholic social thought
- 262s - Papacy and Vatican documents
- 270s - Church history
- 282s - Catholicism
- 296s - Judaism
- 291s - Religion and mythology
More explanation of the in the Dewey Decimal System is available.
Are you looking for an item you can't find through the links above?
- (in each database look for a link to Publications)
- Search for videos on the web: |
Visit the following sites for authoritative information on Catholicism, Protestantism, Judaism, and other religions, as well as church history, ancient history, biblical archaeology, and biblical resources.
- See additional links below
- (with Strong's Concordance)
- See also
- (1913, with updates)
- (Abridged version of the Modern Catholic Dictionary)
- (English translation)
- (Babylonian, English translation)
- (Babylonian, College/Soncino English translation - Note: 8050 pages of the about 12,800 pages of the printed version online)
- (English translation by Herbert Danby)
- (Scroll down for links on Judaism)
- [contents of 12-vol. encyclopedia originally published 1901-1906]
- , by John Lightfoot (1602-1675)
- Visit for scripture, church documents, and related readings online
Past last updated: 17 October 2013 |