- Looking for an online guide to help you in your research? Visit the for guides to using our resources and researching in various subjects
- For library hours or assistance with your library record, fines, renewals, and course reserves, contact
- For all other inquiries, ask a reference librarian
|The ODU Library Reference Desk is located on the top floor of Spangler. View below.
|Call the ODU Library Reference Desk at (614) 251-4754 or toll-free (888) 681-8044 during .
Text or email an ODU librarian at . A librarian will respond as soon as possible within regular , at most within a 24-hour period.
|Ohio librarians are available at ; open almost all hours; closed 1 a.m. - 7 a.m. ()
|Monday - Thursday
||9 am - 8 pm
||9 am - 4 pm
||10 am - 3 pm (Summer 10 am -2 pm)
||1 pm - 5 pm
*The Library Reference Desk closes during certain campus events, library meetings, holidays, and instruction sessions. .
ODU Librarians are also available by appointment. below to schedule a consultation.
Librarians are available to assist you in your research. How we can help:
- Provide tools to assist in research: Visit our page
- Assist in generating effective search strategies for researching a topic
- Assist in finding information or resources
- Provide training in how to search the Library's catalogs to find books and videos and obtain other information
- Provide training in how to search in the Library's research databases to find articles, reports, conference proceedings, and other documents
- Assist with Internet searching
- Assist in identifying criteria for evaluating information sources
Our is to provide training and assistance in using library and information sources successfully so that you will be empowered to conduct your own research. Reference librarians will not supply answers to students' assignments, do students' research, or compile bibliographies of information sources for students.
Additional services are available to faculty. Visit the library's web page or for further information.